Note from Jess: @gayWASP has graced us with his popular presence and impeccable taste before, so I asked him back for the season (social and holiday, natch). Here, a few of his under-the-tree picks for even the most privileged.
1. Ghurka Marksman No. 266 - Wills and Kate are becoming clingy since George came along and I'm called out to the country often. What? Am I going to put a gun on the window rack of my pick-up?
2. Crazy Rich Asians - Kevin Kwan is like an Asian Julian Fellowes. And although this book is fiction, we're all aware that the Asian market is going to gobble us up one day, right? We'll spend the rest of our days in our derilect family cottage with Mother feeding raccoons Wonderbread while wearing cardigan-and-brooch headdresses. Also #drama
3. J.Crew Stock - One man's rollneck sweater catalog business just might turn into another man's private jet money. Give the gift of hope that J.Crew will continue to produce a progeny of prepdom - and your J.Crew duds will fit in your portfolio as well as they do in your closet.
4. The Authentic Cole Porter Collection - Do people buy CDs anymore? Anyway, nothing says "holiday" like the crooning of the original "extra man." More heartwarming than cheese souffle at Swifty's.
5. Andover Trask Classic Tote - Turns out, Andover is not just a place to experiment with Lacrosse players. Give your boat and tote a break with this handbag carryall.
6. Black cashmere sweater - Who doesn't love a good practical joke? Mrs. Permelia Reed, that's who. That's precisely why you should have some fun when you're down South for the season by dropping a sensible black cashmere cable into the mail for all of your rowdy, boozy friends.
7. Backgammon set - If you don't know how to play, for God's sake, learn. And play properly - with Asprey and a scotch.
8. Bar Hemingway ash tray - It's not reopening until 2014. Until then, you can stay at Le Meurice for your niece's "coming out" ball. Meanwhile, snag a Hemingway Bar ashtray and pretend you took it before they shuttered for renovations. Stealing from hotels is like eating fast food in airports - it totally doesn't count. Ugh. When's my "coming out ball?"
GIVEAWAY 9. Jack Rogers Palermo sandal - Don't be the only one on Worth without a pair. I especially like these named after one of my besties. Love you, Olivia. Love looking at your boyfriend more.
Here's how: win a classic pair of Jack Rogers Navajo sandals, my @gayWASP Christmas gift to you, simply by signing up for the Jack Rogers newsletter here. Then, leave us a comment below (don't forget that part) with a way to contact you. Kisses.