Health screening! Have you heard this word?
Today, health screening becomes vital to figure out any medical issues you have. Usually, it includes obesity screening, high cholesterol screening, & high blood pressure screening.
However, even if you are fit and fine, you should start checking your blood pressure from 18 years old, body mass index, waist circumference, and cholesterol levels from 40 years old.
Many people ignore this, but you should start thinking about health screenings for a healthy life and healthy medical conditions.
Also, many people avoid these screenings because of their risks. However, this article will talk about health screening and other factors.
In the end, you can decide whether you should go for a health screening or not. So, let’s start our journey.
What is Health Screening?
Image Source – GetDoc
You may have seen this procedure or a medical test executed on a population subgroup or symptom-free population to find out that they may have a specific disease.
In other words, a health screening is a procedure to figure out a disease in a person. Or you can detect the medical conditions of an individual.
It further includes medical consultation with medical professionals like your family doctors. You can go there for regular checkups and ask him about your health conditions.
Now, you may say that screening is commonly performed to diagnose cancer. Aren’t you? However, this is not the fact!
As we said before, health screening tests are commonly performed for many tests. Apart from the above reasons, you can learn about the thyroid-stimulating hormone (THS), urine drug screening, health screening for pregnant women, and many others. So, here are some factors you should know to go for a health screening.
Reasons To Go For A Health Screening
- It will help you find diseases and your medical conditions early.
- High blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, and diabetes may not show symptoms at an early stage, but believe us, they are the silent killers.
- Breast cancers, colon, cervical, etc., can start the pre-cancerous conditions, which you should know early.
- Please find diseases with the help of health screenings to take early prevention and interventions.
- Last but not least, it will help you live life king size.
So, are you convinced to go for a health screening? If you are nodding “Yes,” how finding health problems early can benefit you.
What Factors Did You Need To Know For Health Screening?
Image Source – Raffles Health
Health screening is one of the best ways to find your medical conditions, diseases, and other problems. Thus, it would be better to consider your health issues for a better life. Today, even a few experts suggest that health screening can become the best benefit for your tomorrow. As a result, you should not ignore your health and start knowing the factors below.
Finding Health Issues Early
It is not like a hard nut to crack to find the health issues at an early stage. Get in touch with your doctor or health advisor. They may suggest the following.
- A few screenings will find the problems before symptoms appear. Examples include colonoscopy to determine colon cancer and mammograms to find breast cancers.
- You will learn about the disease or other health-related issues like self-exams, diagnostic tests, and medical exams.
And if you know that these are your silent killers, what would you like? Do you want to keep it as it is and face the problems? Or would you like to remove that problem as soon as possible to live happily? In our opinion, it would be beneficial to know and remove them.
Which Health Screening Tests Are Good For You?
Image Source – Tata Health
You can see the following table and decide which health screening tests you should opt for as per your age.
18 years old people and above
Body Mass Index (BMI)
Once in a year
High Blood Pressure
Blood Pressure Measurement
As per doctor’s advice
Or once in every two years.
40 years old people and above
Fasting Blood Glucose or HbaA1c
As per doctor’s advice
Or once in each two years
High Blood Cholesterol
Fasting or Nonfasting Cholesterol
50 years old people and above
Fecal Immunochemical Test
(Stool Test for Blood)
Once in a year
Once in each ten years
Women between 25 to 29
Once in each three years
Women between 30 and above
Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
Once in each five years
Women between 50 to 69
Once in each two years
Table Data Source – parkwayshenton.com
These tests are practical for adults, including both women and men. But, today, the kids should also be prepared for the health screenings. As you know, today, kids are facing unwell medical conditions. Thus as an ideal parent, you should consider the health screening for your kids as well.
Vital Kids Health Screening Tests
Image Source – Firstcry Parenting
The newborn babies finish their first screening tests when they are born. After this, you can screen your kids for different things when you go for a routine checkup or sick visit. Today, schools also provide health checkup camps, so you can also check there.
One of the vital things is to keep tracing them when your kids start growing. Thus, doctors screen differently from time to time, and they commonly screen the following factors.
- Blood Pressure
- Dental Health
Also, there are many other tests a doctor can do for your child using the blood test like lead poisoning, high cholesterol, and others.
Health Screening Advantages & Disadvantages
Image Source – Thomson Medical
It differs between men, women, and kids. However, we will guide you on that from the following.
Advantages For Men
- Be prepared to fight against diabetes
- Give you relief from hypertension
- Colorectal and prostate cancers can be controlled
- Helps to improve productivity
Disadvantages For Men
- Men may go through some medical illness
Advantage For Women
- They learn about the symptoms of Mammograms
- Show results from the bone density
- Learn about blood glucose tests
Disadvantage For Women
- They may have to face issues like bleeding or infections.
Advantages For Kids
- Kids can get a result of eye problems like myopia, astigmatism, and hyperopia.
- Kids can benefit from hearing loss and sinus issues.
- Health screening for kids can show results for speech disorders, learning disorders, psycho and social issues, and much more.
Disadvantage For Kids
- A lot of screening can result in sleep issues
- Depression and anxiety can also occur
That’s enough for now!
Today, health screening is not an unknown word for people who take care of their health from time to time. They know that it is one of the best ways to keep them fit, fine, and ready for all their daily routine tasks.
Today health screening is crucial to know that your medical conditions are better and you don’t need to pay a long bill of medical expenses. Thus, we have written this blog to make you more about health screening.
It includes what a health screening is, factors you should know about health screening, and advantages and disadvantages for men, women, and kids.
In the end, we hope this blog will help you provide the information you want. If you need any further information, please feel free to comment below and ask about that.
Frequently Asked Questions