Howdy weekenders. Since my feet are barely touching Atlanta soil at all the entire month of April, I made myself a mix for down time during travel. Like my destinations, (Austin, TX, New York, NY, and the Blue Ridge Mountains in Georgia) the song selections are all over the place. Just as I'm patronizing a hippie juice bar this week in Austin and the Graydon Carter-helmed Monkey Bar in New York the next, the only continuity to the songs is that they just feel "me" right now. I thought I'd share the mix with you so you can listen along while I'm in trains, cabs, and planes.
01. R.E.M. - What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
02. OutKast - Idlewild Blue
03. Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
04. Jackson Brown - A Thousand Kisses Deep
05. Fleet Foxes - Blue Ridge Mountains
06. Duran Duran - Come Undone
07. Tom Vek - Aroused
08. Go West - The King of Wishful Thinking
09. Chilly Gonzales - You Can Dance
10. Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus
11. Theophilus London - I Stand Alone
12. Fun. - Some Nights
13. St. Lucia - Closer Than This
14. Queen - Don't Stop Me Now
15. Oasis - She's Electric
16. Gotye - Smoke and Mirrors
17. The Naked and Famous - Girls Like You
18. The Temper Trap - Fader
19. M83 - Reunion
20. Local Natives - Wide Eyes
21. Arcade Fire - Keep the Car Running
22. Feist - The Bad in Each Other
23. The Belle Brigade - Losers
24. Our Lady Peace - Is Anybody Home?
25. Kings of Leon - Back Down South
26. Johnny Cash - Sunday Morning Coming Down
27. Mavis Staples - You Are Not Alone